Thursday, January 5, 2017

Carys and Rafe Workout

* Rune was busy going over paperwork for purchase of the club and I was bored. I changed and went to the compound gym. I had music blaring and had taped my hands up to work on the heavy bag like my dad and Aric had showed me. I was getting in some good punches, just in my own world when I heard the gym doors open. I didn't look to see who it was and kept up with what I was doing . I kicked the bag and heard a chuckle. Spinning on my heel to see who was laughing, I was surprised to see Rafe Malebranche. Hands on my hips I looked him up and down.* Something funny, cuz?



 
 
 
 
Rafe Malebranche *I chuckled as I went to get a couple of pads, strapping them to my hands. Carys could hold her own in any situation, but she was really cute when she was training like this. I didn't want to say what was on the tip of my tongue as I went and stood in front of her* Yeah, but I know better than to say what I'm really thinking. Your basic technique's good, but you need a sparring partner, someone to make sure you can take things further.
Carys Chase Like you, huh? Alright, let's do this. * Standing in front of him, I widened my stance and got ready. I threw a couple of punches and Rafe figured out my pattern pretty fast. I tried a uppercut and he caught it. Rafe nodded and I started again, ths time faster. He was starting to move around and I had to follow, keep the blows coming.*
Rafe Malebranche *I danced around, speeding up to push her a bit further than what she was used to. While I moved back and to either side, I made sure to get into her personal space a few times too, to force her to move back* Not bad, not bad at all Cuz. You've been practicing. *She landed a few great punches, I felt it through the pads on my hands. Carys really was very good at this, all of the Breed males in her life made sure of that. None of us would have left her unable to protect herself, no matter how much of a Daddy's Little Girl she was.*
Carys Chase Thanks, Rafe. * I dropped down and kicked his legs out from under him. Laying on the mat, he started laughing and I reached down to help him up.* Just so we are clear, I'm no princess. * Rafe grinned and held his hands up for me. We started like before but he started moving faster, changing up the combinations. I had to keep my eyes on him, watch hs muscles for a hint of where he was moving. If I missed he'd tap my hands with the pads and bring me back to what we were doing.*
Rafe Malebranche *I laughed, knowing Carys could surprise anyone. She watched me very carefully and I knew I had to keep things changing constantly. She knew how I moved, having trained with me for a while now. But I always had a few tricks up my sleeve that she didn't know about . I shifted my weight, as if to go to my right, but moved swiftly to my left and back a couple of steps, causing Carys to over extend herself, just enough to loose her balance and fall forward. I took off one pad and held out my hand* You okay Princess?
Carys Chase *I glared up at him and shook my head before taking his hand.* Asshole! *We both started laughing and I bumped him with my shoulder.* Another round? * Rafe chuckled and nodded as he put the pad back on. I waited till he was rwady and started throwing punches. I got creative and used some of the moves Aric taught me. Rafe bobbed and weaved right along with me. He knew the moves, hell my brother was his best friend. We were going at a good clip when he dodged me, sidestepping me and I almost fell again. I spun and socked him a good one. Rafe laughed and shook the hand I hit and I winked at him.* Princess, huh?
Rafe Malebranche *I laughed as I got into stance* Hell yeah you're a Princess!!! You think you could be anything else? *Carys growled playfully as she threw her first punch. I caught it just in time and danced away, weaving left and right, backwards and forwards. We danced around the mats, sweat dripping down both of us, Carys more so than me. She had definitely picked up a few new tricks, probably from Aric, which was a very good thing. I was impressed, but wasn't about to say that, at least not out loud. Carys was very sweet, but could get cocky if I let her.*
Carys Chase * I growled under my breath and threw punch after punch. Rafe was moving fast but, I kept up. One of these days my father and every male in the comound would realize I could fight as well as any of them. It wasn't enough that I had taken out Rune's father and that was with little training. I push those thoughts away and concentrated on Rafe and hs moves. I threw a combination and one last kick before I called time. I was weating like a pig and the tape was coming off of my hands. I sat down on the mat and started taking my gloves off.* Thanks, cuz. I really needed a partner. I hope I didn't keep you from your own workout.
Rafe Malebranche *I grinned and took the pads off my hands. I was sweating too, though not as bad as Carys.* Not at all Cuz. This was fun. I'm gonna hit the showers then go check in on the infirmary. Mom had mentioned she needed me to check her stockroom. She thinks she's running low on stuff but she has plans. *I gave Carys that look, both of us knowing what plans I was talking about*
Carys Chase *Laughing I patted Rafe on the arm.* Parents, huh? *He nodded and stood, sticking his hand out to help me up. I hugged him quickly and walked over to my gym bag. I gathered up my stuff and thanked him again before leaving him alone. Maybe by the time I had a shower and changed my mate would be done with his business. With all the adreniline in my system, I'll be needing a different workout.*

No comments:

Post a Comment