Friday, December 23, 2016

Lost Cat (#Christmas16 Day 23)

#Christmas 16 Day 23
Angus! Here, kitty, kitty! * I had filled his food and water dish but, the big gray beast was no where to be found. I checked my room, Rune was in the training center, the room empty. Sighing I went to my brother Aric's room and knocked on the door.* Aric? Bub? Have you seen Angus?

 
Aric Chase *He hears Carys and calls out* Come on in. I haven't seen the little beast lately, he hiding from you? *he laughed as he picked up one of his purchases from The local pet store* well, by all means, lets go hunt down the little beast. Let me grab his treat container, that usually gets his to come. * He grabs the little plastic container and heads into the hall* Let's just hope he didn't find his way to Lucan again! *he chuckles remembering the story she had told him.*
Carys Chase Uncle Lucan was cool about it, kind of. *Laughing I followed Aric down the hall. Maybe he's in the kitchen. I know Savannah was baking earlier, maybe he went to check out what she was making. You know he's a begger.
Aric Chase *He chuckled* that he is! And getting fat because of it! He literally guilts you into giving over your whole damn plateful. *they turn the corner into the kitchen first and he grumbles* damn beast!
Carys Chase Angus! * We looked through the whole kitchen, even the pantry and no cat. I threw my hands up in frustration.* If that darn cat made his way to Lucan"s office, I'll never hear the end of it! * Raking a hand through my hair, I pace a few steps and stop.* I bet I know where he is! * Grabbing Aric's arm I drag him down the hall to the big family room and point to the Christmas tree.* I bet he's in there..
Aric Chase *they headed toward the living room, he was feeling equal parts angst and worry over the silly cat. They had found him as a very small baby a couple of years ago, now he was a big, grumpy, beast that loved mischief. He liked that stupid cat and didn't want anyone to have any reason not to have him around.* Angus* He called sharply as they entered the formal living room* they separated and became looking behind the couches and under the tables. As Carys got closer to the tree they heard a tinkling sound*
Carys Chase Oh, you silly cat! * I stepped back when Angus poked his head out from some branches on the huge Christmas tree. Reaching for him, he meowed and started purring like it was no big deal that he was up there and we were looking for him. I held him in my arms like the big baby he was and turned to Aric.* He doesn't even care that he was caught in that tree. Darned cat. * I nuzzled his head and purred louder. Aric came over and I handed him Angus.* I swear he does this stuff on purpose.
Aric Chase *he laughs and scruffs the cats head* Because he doesn't, the little shit. It's payback time though! *he pulls the Santa hat and cape out of his back pocket and sets Angus on the couch before turning to Carys* get your camera ready because I have a feeling this won't last long. * he turns back to Angus and puts the contraption on him before tucking his ears inside the hat. * Ok, I'm going to let go on the count of three. Snap fast! One. Two. Three!
 
 
Carys Chase * I took the picture and as soon as he saw the flash, Angus fell on his side and started trying to pull the Santa hat off. Aric and I laughed and got the stink eye from our beloved cat. He flopped around on the couch and Aric caught him before he tumbled off the side. Holding him in his arms, Aric Kissed his head and Angus let out a angry meow.* Whoa Bub, he's getting pissed now. I took the cat from my brother and took the outfit off of him. He shook his body and sat down to wash his face, his tail swishing back and forth like he was planning our deaths. Trying not to laugh I scooped him up and snuggled him even though he was pushing against my chest to get down.* I'll open a can of his favorite food, maybe then he will forgive us. *Aric laughed and walked with me back to our families suite. As soon as I set the beast on the counter and got a can of wet cat food out of the cabinet he was all purrs again.* See? I told you so. * While Angus ate, Aric and I had a cup of coffee and talked about the day we found a tiny kitten and named him, Angus...*

No comments:

Post a Comment